Recorded for Japan is a compilation album containing songs recorded between April and June 2011 to aid the victims of the earthquake, resulting tsunami, and nuclear emergency that happened on March 11th, 2011 in Japan. 100% of the proceeds from the sale of this compilation will go directly towards the continuing recovery and reconstruction effort, specifically the Japanese Red Cross. The album features the contributions of Acrylics, Ariel Pink’s Haunted Graffiti, Beige, Chairlift, Erika Spring, Ice Choir, Kurt Vile, K. Heasley, Kuroma, Pablo Picasso, Patrick Cleandenim, Regal Degal, R. Stevie Moore (feat. Members of MGMT), and Violens.
The majority of the songs on Recorded for Japan were recorded and mastered at Vacation Island Recording studio, Brooklyn, NY, and otherwise recorded by the artists themselves. Artwork by Max Hooper Schneider. This album has been a genuine group effort, made possible by the generosity of the artists, recording studio and labels involved. Japan continues to need our help and your purchase is greatly appreciated.
01. Beige – Focus*
02. R. Stevie Moore (feat. Members of MGMT) – You Are Too Far From Me*
03. K. Heasley – Belief Match
04. Ice Choir – Two Rings (Hard Mix)
05. Chairlift – The Chase (Propaganda cover)
06. Pablo Picasso – Whip*
07. Kurt Vile – Been Searchin’
08. Kuroma – Running People
09. Acrylics – Sparrow Song*
10. Violens – When To Let Go*
11. Erika Spring – 6 More Weeks (Vacation Version)*
12. Patrick Cleandenim – In My Baby’s Eyes (After Dark Version)*
13. Regal Degal – Excuse Me Who Am I Talking To?*
14. Ariel Pink’s Haunted Graffiti – Thespian City (Live)